So, you’ve decided that you want something different. Something more than just snapshots to remember your family by. Something extraordinary to decorate your walls. What now?
- Call 208-331-2288 for your complimentary pre-session consultation.
- Come in to the studio, look around for yourself. Meet the artist and/or staff that will be helping you on this venture. You will be able to see examples of wall art, decor and cards that will help give the artist an idea of what “look” you are going for.
- At your pre-session appointment we will be talking about many things. Some may seem relevant, some may not. Do not be surprised if we ask you where you shop in the mall… Oddly, it just might help us! We will go over location/background options, clothing choices, and ultimately what type of finished product will best suit your needs. If you Pinterest, we may even ask you to start a board, or if you already have, we’ll ask you to share that. It is also VERY helpful if you bring a few cell phone snapshots of your walls that you “might” have places for portraits. We can even go over the best way to take these photos so we can eventually load them into our program that allows you to “see” your images on YOUR walls! And don’t worry, very often people come into these appointments and do not know exactly what they want. That’s what we’re here for! We can help!
- If we haven’t already, we will set up an appointment time for your session. Make sure you’ve brought your appointment book, and checked with the others involved to see what days or times of days will work best! We do have a 72 hour cancellation policy. We will also be setting up your ordering appointment, so it’s good to check with anyone else that might want a say so in that!
- You will be leaving a booking reservation of 250- when you schedule. If your scheduled session is less than that, the remainder will go towards your product credit. All forms of payment are accepted.
- Please arrive on time to your scheduled appointment. However if you are running a few minutes late, please don’t stress. Call or text the number that will be given to you. We would rather have you a few minutes late than arrive ready to pull your hair (or your spouse’s hair) out ;)
- We will let you know about how long to schedule out for your session, but it’s nice to leave a little extra time around your appointment for parking and “life” that tends to happen.
- Show up with your outfits and/or items that we discussed and be ready for an adventure! Just remember, we can schedule an appointment, but we can’t schedule your child! It’s a moment in time… We are prepared to handle most situations, however in the rare instance it’s just “not happening” that particular day, don’t worry… We’ll take care of it!
Relax and have fun!
- The artist will help take care of the details to help you feel at ease and breathe during your session, even if it is mass chaos around you. What would it be if the kids actually behaved the WHOLE time?! Maybe a little bribery might be in order? It’s amazing what a “little something” can get a kid to do. Bribery yes, discipline, not so much. The artist is well-trained to deal with almost every situation that comes up. Scolding or disciplining a child during a session rarely pulls out the expressions we are looking for. If your child is being less than perfect, certainly bring this up if you see fit, but after the session, is the best time. Your photographer will never judge “you” for naughty children, and you’ll be surprised just how fast the situation can blow over with a little distraction and a cool head. Easier said than done, but it’s happened enough to be worth mentioning.
- When all is said and done we will finish up any remaining paperwork and even “reward” the kiddos if it’s okay.
After Your Session
- You images will be available to view during the ordering appointment we scheduled. This is usually a 7-10 days after your session, but in special circumstances, could be earlier or later.
- During this time, all images from the session are downloaded, backed up, and then narrowed down to a reasonable amount. Images are presented in various tones so that you have options, but you can keep in mind, that most images are available any way. These first images are not retouched, but do have some light cropping and treatments applied. We like to make sure that you have enough images to choose from, but not so many that you can’t make a choice! We usually aim for you to have 20-30 to look at, usually one or two from each different pose or look we took. And don’t worry… if there’s some that we just aren’t sure of… we’ll show you! Being parents, we know that sometimes a photographer’s “perfect” isn’t always a parent’s “perfect”, so we’ll show you if there’s a chance of that :)
Your Ordering Appointment
- When you arrive at your ordering appointment. Please remember, we will be placing your order that day. Make sure all family or friends who will be part of this decision making process are there at this scheduled time. One ordering appointment is included with your session fee, additional ordering appointments are 50-, so it’s always best to do it during one appointment if possible. You should have already turned in your wall images by then, but if not, you will need to make sure that these images have been texted or emailed to save time during your appointment. We want to be able to see these on YOUR walls, not on someone else’s.
- Cherished Images LOVES children, however for your own peace of mind, you might want to get a sitter or bring along a dedicated helper to watch the kiddos so you can focus on what you want your finished products to look like. Again, we will be deciding on the images you want to finish at this appointment.
- All images ordered are the images that will be meticulously hand finished and printed to specifications. These are also the images that will be available to be posted to FB at your discretion.
- After your ordering appointment, we will go over all final details and finishes, and you will be taking care of payment. Full payment is preferred, but we can get started with as little as 50% down if necessary, and payment arrangements can be arranged.
- All products will be ready for pick up in approximately 6-8 weeks, unless otherwise discussed. We will give you a call when your order is ready. But feel free to call at any time to check on the status of your prints. Full payment is required before any portion of the order is released. At the time of pick up, we can discuss any finishing or design services you may require.
We Are Here For You!
- We are happy to answer ANY and ALL questions you might have. We believe that education is the key to any decision. It’s our job to educate, your job to decide.
- Last step: Leave with your finished products in hand, and a smile on your face, and get ready to plan your next adventure to continue your personal storyline as you’re driving home and getting ready to display your newest pieces of decor!
- It is our goal that you LOVE your portraits, you WILL return AND you are willing to REFER us to friends and family! We want to make you feel as if you have found a professional that you can trust as your memory keeper, for now and for years to come. We don’t want one time “clients”, we want relationships where we know you and your family and we can watch your children grow! This is success- win-win :)